A rambling rant

It seems like every flippin’ day I turn the news on only to find my beliefs being insulted by somebody (and by somebody I mean mainstream media and people I’ve never met, not my liberal friends who are lovely people even if we disagree on things). Ordinarily I’d just ignore it. I’m good at that (I’m also good at holding a grudge but that’s another matter). But, c’mon, people, give the racist bigot card a rest! It’s got to be more tired of being used than I am of hearing it. And believe me, I’m REALLY tired of hearing it.

On another note, yes, I support the Tea Party. Get over it. I think lower taxes and smaller government are dandy ideas. I don’t need the government sticking its gigantic nose into every microscopic aspect of my life. I’m a reasonably intelligent adult and capable of making my own decisions. I don’t need You (“You” being the government) telling me what to eat, what to drink, what I can and can’t do in the privacy of my own home provided I’m not hurting anyone.

Maybe You should spend more time reading the Constitution and less time telling me “French fries are BAD!!!” I know French fries are bad. Bad but in an oh-so-good way. If I’m in the mood for them, eating a piece of fruit or some veggies isn’t going to make me want French fries any less. And I’ll take a bacon cheesburger with those fries, too, thanks.

7 Responses to “A rambling rant”

1. Christy says:

mmmmmm
    I just had a bacon cheeseburger and fries today, in fact! Hooray for freedom! :mrgreen:

2. Vicki says:

Hey, cuz! I know I can always count on you to have my back. 🙂

3. Terri says:

I certainly don’t need people who can’t seem to keep their own lives in order telling me how to run mine.

4. Vicki says:

Terri, I know, right? Boggles the mind.

5. Vicki says:

Hmm. I need to figure out how to put my picture (or A picture) in that little box….

6. um… RAH!! ((where’s my cheerleader smilie??))

There was a question on one of my Facebook pages today that said: In your opinion, will the Happy Meal ordinance help children combat our obesity epidemic? (Re: http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-ap-us-legislating-health,0,5892951.story).

I had to bite my tongue. See, here’s the thing. I’m pretty much a vegetarian, but MOST veggies are wicked liberal, too, so on these groups I’m dramatically in the minority. And they’re all “WOO HOO… great legislation!” And I’m thinking, “What happens when they decide tofu is bad for you?”

Hate big government. HATE.

7. Vicki says:

Marianne, I already think tofu is bad :mrgreen: but I’ll defend your right to eat it if you want! If Big Brother sticks his nose too close, he may get a poke in the eye. 😉